Chef Liu Houston just launched a new dish - the famour Mala Beef Jerky, which feature the world-renowned Spicy and Numbing taste of Sichuan Cuisine.
Our beef jerky is made from the grass-feeding premium quality Texas beef tenderloin. With the high quality meat, our chefs put into their passion into making the beef jerky. The beef jerky from Chef Liu Houston has the following characteristics:
1. Super Spicy - spicer than most beef jerky in the market. We use the Stars-in-the-Sky chili peppers we import directly from China. This special kind of Chili Peppers contains high dose of heat but still remains very savory;
2. Soft - softer than most beef jerky in the market. It won't cause any issue with your teeth. You can bite into the jerky without worrying the meat stucks between your teeth.
3. Multiple layers of taste - Besides spiciness and numbing impact, you actually can tell other tastes apart from the Mala combination. After the initial intense impact of Mala, your tongue can actually feel little bit of sweet and slightly sour.
To make this beef jerky, here is the brief steps:
1. Cut the beef tenderloin in a special way - according to the direction of mucsles
2. Braise the beef cubes in a broth with multiple spices including star anise, cinnamon, and other spices;
3. Deep fry the braised beef cubes - do not over fry it as it will harden the beef too much.
4. Add chili powder, Sichuan Peppercorn Powder and Sesame and fully mix with the beef cubes
5. Ready to serve
Beside the Mala taste, we also make Five Spices Taste beef jerky. You can get the beef jerky in the restaurant along with other dishes. You can also order it from the Etsy account of our partner Spicy Element.