Chef Liu Houston just launched a new dish - the famour Mala Beef Jerky, which feature the world-renowned Spicy and Numbing taste of Sichuan Cuisine.
Our beef jerky is made from the grass-feeding premium quality Texas beef tenderloin. With the high quality meat, our chefs put into their passion into making the beef jerky. The beef jerky from Chef Liu Houston has the following characteristics:
1. Super Spicy - spicer than most beef jerky in the market. We use the Stars-in-the-Sky chili peppers we import directly from China. This special kind of Chili Peppers contains high dose of heat but still remains very savory;
2. Soft - softer than most beef jerky in the market. It won't cause any issue with your teeth. You can bite into the jerky without worrying the meat stucks between your teeth.
3. Multiple layers of taste - Besides spiciness and numbing impact, you actually can tell other tastes apart from the Mala combination. After the initial intense impact of Mala, your tongue can actually feel little bit of sweet and slightly sour.
To make this beef jerky, here is the brief steps:
1. Cut the beef tenderloin in a special way - according to the direction of mucsles
2. Braise the beef cubes in a broth with multiple spices including star anise, cinnamon, and other spices;
3. Deep fry the braised beef cubes - do not over fry it as it will harden the beef too much.
4. Add chili powder, Sichuan Peppercorn Powder and Sesame and fully mix with the beef cubes
5. Ready to serve
Beside the Mala taste, we also make Five Spices Taste beef jerky. You can get the beef jerky in the restaurant along with other dishes. You can also order it from the Etsy account of our partner Spicy Element.
We are glad Chef Liu Restaurant is featured in one article" Get A Different Take On Sichuan Fare At Chef Liu Restaurant On Bellaire" at Houston Food Finder by Ms. Lauren McDowell.
We appreciate the good words by Ms. McDowell and we are confident our food is a good interpresentaion of Sichuan Cuisine. Rather than talking more about our food, we would like to express our gratitude toward our customers.
As a Chinese restaurant offering authentic Sichuan cuisine dishes, Chef Liu Restaurant would like to serve our local communities beyond Chinese community here at Houston. Since the openning at the end of March, Chef Liu Restaurant has served many customers from diverse background. As a newly open restaurant, we are trying our best to meet our customers' demand. Needless to say, there are plenty of room for improvement. Some of our staff cannot speak English well, which create communication barrier with many patrons. A couple of our staff grown up in China and came to us lately are still experiencing the culture difference. So if you have come to our restaurant and feel not satisfied with our food and/or service, please let us know and we'll try our best to make it right. If you like spicy food or more specifically Sichuan Cuisine but haven't visit us, I promise you won't be regret - our food tastes more than Mala (spicy and numbing), our ingredients are directly imported from Sichuan China. Our Chef team has more 70 year culinary experience combined in China, Singapore and US. If you don't like spicy food, we invite you to explore dishes from Sichuan Cuisine which is not spicy at all. If you like spicy food but fear the numbing impact of Sichuan Peppercorns, we do have dishes which has few or no Sichuan peppercorns but plenty of Chili Peppers. making your mouth burn.
We are looking forward to seeing you at 9398 Bellaire Blvd, Houston, Texas 77036
Father's Day Celebration at Chef Liu Houston
To celebrate Father's Day, Chef Liu Restaurant at Houston will be giving customers ice cream for free when they order Gele Mountain Chili Chicken from Jun 16 to June 20. Ask for ice cream when you order Gele Mountain Chili Chicken.
Our Gele Mountain Chili Chicken is made according to the original recipe at Gele Mountain at Chongqing. It features the chicken cubes with lots of dry chili peppers. The amount of dry chili peppers is so huge that literally you have to pick the chicken from piles of chili peppers. The chicken is deeply stir fried and very tasteful. At Chef Liu Houston, we use Stars-in-sky chili peppers directly imported from Sichuan China. The chili peppers' Scoville Scale is about 100,000. While the small peppers contain a lot of heat, they are also very aromatic, especially when it's fried in the wok.
To counter the high heat from the chili peppers, ice water or ice cream is the common tool to smooth the intense sentiment. For the limited time, we will provide our customers free bowl of ice cream when they order Gele Mountain Chili Chicken. With the ice cream handy, you will enjoy our Chili Chicken much better.